Effect intensivering, extensivering en energiebesparing op CO2-emissie Nederlandse glastuinbouw

Research output: Book/ReportReportProfessional

Abstract

The Energiemonitor glastuinbouw 2015 (2015 greenhouse horticulture energy monitor) has indicated that the annual CO2 emission of the greenhouse horticulture sector has decreased by 1.97 Mtonnes in the 2010-2015 period. This can largely (79%) be ascribed to the following five factors: acreage shrinkage, reduced sale of electricity, more electricity purchasing, reduced purchasing of heat and the increased use of sustainable energy. The remaining 21% can be attributed to the balance of the factors intensification, extensification and the reduced use of energy. The effects of these three factors have been quantified in this study. Intensification has resulted in an increase of CO2 emission of between 0.28 and 0.4 Mtonnes while extensification has caused a drop of 0.13 Mtonnes. The effect of energy saving yielded a decrease of between 0.50 and 0.70 Mtonnes. Energy savings accounted for approximately 30% of the total decrease of CO2 emission in the 2010-2015 period
Original languageDutch
Place of PublicationWageningen
PublisherWageningen Economic Research
Number of pages45
ISBN (Electronic)9789463436038
DOIs
Publication statusPublished - 2017

Publication series

NameWageningen Wageningen Economic Research rapport
No.2017-060

Cite this