Investigation of the relation between foredune erosion/accretion in relation to storminess, aeolian transport potential and beach width.
Type of research
The research is a statistical analysis of a long time series of beach profiles. Six sections of the Dutch coast are considered:Noord-Holland, Texel, Vlieland, Terschelling, Ameland, Schiermonnikoog.
Method of data collection
Original data were obtained from other producers: see "calculated from" links.
Relevant parameters were derived from these datasets using simple algorithms.
• From yearly beach profile: beach width, dune volume
• From hourly sea level data: maximum sea level between profile measurements
• From hourly wind data: yearly transport potential for each site, with 4 different upper limits on wind velocity.
Derived data are that were used in this study are provided in separate files:
• beach_and_dune_data.nc: yearly values of beach width and dune volume for all profiles
• max_sea_level_data.nc: yearly maximum sea level between profile measurements
• transport_potential_data.nc: yearly transport potential for each site
|Date made available||10 Jun 2014|
|Geographical coverage||The Netherlands|
- Aeolian transport
- Beach widt
- Coastal dunes
- Dune erosion
- Sea level
- wind climate